Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ping Dong

Heya Peoples,

here are some pictures from a trip that I went on recently. Wes and Junes went down to Ping Dong to see the new English Village that they were/are setting up. I decided to tag along...

Junes and I had a blast keeping each other entertained on the way down...we played "whose camera is cooler." ;-)

This is the view that I had on the way down there. Ok, maybe we did have more scenery, but this seemed to be a majority of it.

The school was amazing. It wasn't the "biggest" school that I've seen, but it seemed much bigger with over 2,000 students attending it! I think that what I found even more fascinating was that the principle of this school knows each of those students by name! Yeah, talk about amazing...

The principle is a Christian and warmly invited us into her house overnight. It was so nice. SHE was wonderful! Very hospitable and Christ's light was totally flowing through her!!

The E.V. itself was quite cool too. They did a good job of putting this together quite fast.



I met a lot of new friends while I was there. I have some email addresses and I am really hoping that I can get (and stay) in touch with them.






It was so nice to get a "new change of faces" for two days.
Much as I LOVE (LOVE!!!) Elementary school children, it was a nice change to see some middle school children and almost get into conversation. =)
And, if nothing else, it was nice just to hang with Wes and Junes. They are so inspirational and their love for Taiwan is super contagious! I love you guys!! <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. camille! can't wait for you to come home! we're counting down the days :)sorry that we haven't updated the blog forever... i'm not really in charge of it, plus it takes forever :P thanks for keeping us updated here though! i miss you!

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! That is amazing that the principle of that school knows each student by name. =)

    Take care & God bless!

    Love in Christ,
    Melissa =)

    Ps. 16:11

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy what you read? Want more? Leave a comment! :)