Saturday, October 20, 2007

Teaching...

Well, a year ago I never would have thought that I would ever be a teacher.
I was unequipped, unsure, a non-public speaker, and I could only stand children as long as they were good.


God sure knows how to change the heart!




Cooking class...



My Awesome teammates...



Ultimate Frisbee Fridays (team bonding time!)...



Teaching the Children with a love that only my Heavenly Father can give!



I have now been a "teacher" for about 4 months straight and I have loved every minute of it! The children have been incredible, the other teachers are a blast, and God has been super gracious to me!




It is the teacher's mission...
by sympathy, by example, and by every means of influence -
by objects for the senses, by facts for the intelligence - to excite
the minds of the pupils, to stimulate their thoughts...
The greatest of teachers said: "The seed is the words."
The true teacher stirs the ground and sows the seed.



- John Milton Gregory

Yep, God is truly good here in Taiwan. I am making friends, building relationships, and showing Kids an example of Christ through how I live my life! Please pray that I continue to live as Christ!

*The photagraphy is credited to Charity Sanders, Sarah Connelly, and me!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Camille. I just want to talk to you!! As in, not write...my microphone works on my laptop, but my internet isn't working. My microphone does not work on my main computer, and the internet works just fine! I am so frustrated!

    I'm stressed with school, tired, sick, and I miss you like crazy!!

    Well, I must go to bed...

    By the way...how is the food? Originally you said it was weird.

    Love,
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meo! Great blogging, girl! It looks like your having loads of fun there! Love you lots! stay beautiful!--Hope:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! An update! What a great experience to teach in Taiwan. Glad that you are serving the Lord in his calling for your life. I miss you and the family a lot and can't wait to be reunited again someday. Life seems so different!

    I'm praying for you! Love ya!

    -Your big sister at school

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becoming a Sunny Baudelaire are we? That game looked intense. (Wish I was there)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Camille! We loved looking at your blog site! It looks like you are having an incredible experience! The pictures are awesome, and it looks like you are really learning a lot.:-) Luv ya!

    ~Meagan

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy what you read? Want more? Leave a comment! :)