Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My fourth month here...

Wow! I cannot believe that it has already been over 4 months since I stepped into Taiwan! It seems like a lifetime ago. I have made so many new friends, been so many new places, and had so many wonderful experiences.

The more that I think about it, the more I laugh at myself. When people asked me in November, 2006, what I would be doing one year from then, I always told them that I would be getting ready to graduate with all of my awesome friends, doing Bible quizzing, hanging out around home, and (hopefully) be in MYS (Minnesota Youth Symphony). Yeah, I had my year all planned out. Luckily for me, however, it is true what is said in Isaiah 55:8-12,

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are my ways your ways," declares the Lord.



"As Heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.



"As the rain and the snow come down from Heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,



"So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.



"You will go out in joy and be lead forth in peace;



"The mountains and the hills will burst into song before you,



"And all the trees of the field will clap their hands."



Well, that passage of scripture has really come to mean a lot to me lately. God truly did have other plans for me this year - it is incredible! Looking back at how much I have learned these last few months...it is like nothing that I would have ever dreamed that I would be doing.

How amazing our God truly is!!!

Pictures are taken by Ede Christensen and Me.

2 comments:

  1. Yes!:-) God sure does have different but amazing plans for our lives doesn't He? It looks like you are making memories and touching lives for the Lord.:-)
    Love,
    Melissa Feeny

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been great to see on how much you've grown in the Lord. I am so proud to call you my younger sister. I Love you lots and can't wait to see you again.

    ~Your Big Sister
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy what you read? Want more? Leave a comment! :)