Monday, November 19, 2007

The Orphanage

Wow is about all that I want to say.

We went to go visit an orphanage with some friends from church. Little did I know how easily my heart could be stolen...


We got there and the children were a bit shy. But as we played games with them and started (trying) to speak to them they became so much more "cuddly."


It was hard sometimes because I cannot speak too much of their language and they spoke no English what-so-ever, other than "Hello."


Please pray for me. I want to understand them so badly and make some "children conversations" with them, but my Chinese is so bad. I have asked the Lord to help me and I have made it my goal to learn at least 7 phrases by the next time we go.

I am so glad that I got the opportunity to go to this orphanage. The Lord has granted us favor with the "top people" there and we are going back next Sun. I am really hoping that this is going to be a continuous thing.


I can only now imagine the opportunities...












Other than that, it has been a pretty regular few weeks which have involved:

Team bonding time

Teaching at our regular Saturday program


Learning how to cook (I am getting better...)

And taking trips across Taiwan with some of my friends!



OK, and now for the really exciting part (or, should I say, "another exciting part" ?)

A sneak peak at my (behind the scenes) Sr. picture...


(no, this is not one that I am "officially" using, but my friend took it while I was getting the actual ones done and I thought that it looked really cool...)

Pictures are done by Charity Sanders, Ede Christensen, Naomi Lyons, and Jessika Lindley.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Camille! Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog! I got up this morning, and decided I would read one post... and I ended up reading the whole entire blog! It's great! You're really an inspiration to me since you're still considered really young. Not too many people think that we can really be an effective tool for the Lord. So you're a big inspiration for me. I look forward to more blog posts!
    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey little sista!
    You were missed so much over Thanksgiving! I am so glad to see all of the wonderful things that God is doing in your life though.
    God has a tendancy to teach us amazing lessons through little trials. Praying for U!

    -Your Big Sister,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Camille,

    JJ says "hey!" I like the picture of you playing the flute.

    Sam says "good luck!"

    What an amazing journey you are on!

    We love you,
    Aunt Michele, Sam and JJ

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy what you read? Want more? Leave a comment! :)