Friday, April 11, 2008

L.I.F.E. (Living In Favor of Eternity)

2 months left!

I cannot believe that this time over here in Taiwan is almost over - it seems like I just got here!
I have met so many new people, friends, children, teachers...it is going to be impossible to part with any of them.

Anywho, I know have an "official" plan ticket to come back to the States on June 26th! It is going to be a really hard plane ride - sad to leave, anxious to see family and friends again!

I think that my family is already planning a "surprise" party for me the day I return (not really a surprise because I know about it already). =) I think that I get home about 8am, my family will pick me up and we will drive home and ppls will arrive. It's gunna be a "Welcome back to home, Camille" - all in one day. However, I did try to remind my family that I will have this little thing called jet lag too...

However, I'm not put on this earth to talk about all the stuff that involves me, myself, and I. I would really like to share with you all that Christ has been doing in my life.

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I have done for God while I have been here. I feel like I have done very little. Hardly any opportunities have presented themselves, and I have been too scared to jump out there and see what there is.
I've been asking God to show me how I can make a difference. I want to impact people here for him. And these last 2 weeks he has shown me how/what to do.

I have a friend who works at my school, Popo, and she loves to chat with me in English and show me all around Taiwan. A while ago while we were going somewhere together and I started getting irritated at her talking "a little too much" and wishing that I had not gone. Then, out of nowhere, she stopped and said that she had a present for me. She took out a little cross necklace and gave it to me, saying that she had seen it in a store and she knew I was a Christian, so she got it for me. I was so touched, not because I got a gift (Taiwanese people love giving), but because she had known I was a Christian and she was seeing God's love in and through me. I then decided that I would totally put away my own desires and feelings and totally live like everyone around me was watching - which, is actually what everyone around me does. =)

OK, and here is my next story...and a very interesting one....
I am now a tutor/language exchange person. My friend, who I learned about through the government friends I know, met me a few Sunday nights back and we went out for dinner and "improvement of each others languages." It was very interesting. I found out right away that she was a Christian. I was thrilled! We had some great talks about what she wanted to do with her life, how she wanted to travel, and how she was having "problems" with her family at home. I told her that I would be praying for her.

Then she went on to tell me that she is a lesbian.

Yes, I was shocked. The first thing that flew through my mind was, "You are NOT a Christian!" (though I didn't say it out loud) I talked to her about it, as much as I could with our language barrier and all, but I was so confused that I really didn't know what to say. I told her once more that I would be praying for her and that we would keep in touch, but at that point I was really thinking that I would never see her again. After I talked to Wes (our leader here and a guy who has a lot of wisdom) about it, he told me that it would be a great opportunity. I was, like, "WHAT?!?!" I couldn't believe that he would want me to go back into that predicament! I didn't know how to help her and I've never actually known a lesbian/gay person before. I really didn't want anything to do with it! However, Wes talked to me again later, after him and I putting much thought into it, and he asked me 2 very interesting questions,

"Do you think that Lot went to heaven? What about Judas Iscariot?"

I had to think about it for a while, as I want you, my reader, to do as well. I came up with my answers, but now I want to hear yours, so post them in the comments section of this blog post - I think it will be very interesting to hear every ones responses.

BTW, I am going to continue to visit with my foreign exchange lady because I know that God has brought her to me so that I could be that pure light in her life. =)

2 comments:

  1. I would have to look more into Lot's life to make a determination on him, but I can say without much doubt that Judas did not go to heaven, based on at least 3 areas of scripture.

    1st, Others may disagree, but I believe the Bible makes it clear that a believer may be strongly oppressed by Satan, but because the Holy spirit lives in that person, they cannot be possessed by a devil. It is clear in Luke 22:3 that Judas was possessed, unlike Simon-Peter who was oppressed and sifted by Satan.

    2nd, "The Son of Perdition" is a term used for the anti-christ (in the future) and Judas in John 17:12, who, this verse makes clear, was lost.

    3rd In John 6:70, 71 Jesus speaks of Judas as a "devil." I don't believe anywhere else in the Bible Jesus spoke of his own using that term, and would not use it of someone who truly repented.

    I don't want to get too philosophical and in depth, but there are at least 2 greek words that translate to "repent" in our english bibles, the greek word used when Judas "repented" himself in Matthew 27:3 (metamellomai)holds a different meaning than the word used for true repentance and turning to God (metanoeo). Judas' repentance was only that of grief, he regretted it, but didn't truly repent.

    With regards to the situation you face, I don't think where Judas, or even Lot is can help determine where you friend currently is. There is no sin that cannot be covered by the blood of Jesus!!! We may believe some sins to be terrible and condemning but to God, sin is sin, no matter what type it is. I believe God can save anybody, after that, through reading His word and being discipled by other Christians, there should be growing, and an understanding of right and wrong will come about. As long as they are on this earth it is never too late for God to bring about change in a life!!! Whether it be salvation, or a sanctified walk with Christ!!!

    I'll be praying for both of you as you follow through with this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I know the saying, "Never answer an anonymous letter" but I must say "thank you" to whoever posted that comment. Really good points. =)
    Btw, the Lord has recently been showing me someother good things as well...but that will have to wait for another post ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy what you read? Want more? Leave a comment! :)