Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What's next?



Less than 100 days 'till I am home.

92, to be exact

Life here has gone by all too fast...and I don't want to think about leaving. Yes, I miss my Family and friends back in the States like crazy, but a large piece of my heart is going to stay here in Taiwan. The people I have met here and the Children who I get to see everyday have become so much a part of my life that I can't imagine life without them...

However, I am coming back.

To stay.

I was not OK with this decision.

I came to Taiwan. I fell in love with everything right away. My parents and I talked about coming back next year and everything seemed so perfect. I felt at so much peace about this whole thing and was looking forward to another year of teaching.

As of 5 weeks ago, this all changed.

I told the Lord to tell me for sure what to do next year through my parents - I did not want to be the one who decided whether I stayed home or came back.

He did.

My parents told me that they wanted me back home. They wanted (want) me to start on some college courses and spend time with the family while we are all together still.

I put my heel in the dirt and would not have my mind changed that easily!
I talked with several people here. Had someone call my mom and try to persuade her.

It didn't work. =(
Then came the TESOL retreat (a gathering of all the English teachers in Taiwan - from IBLP), at which God showed me some stuff that didn't make totally sense until a week later when our girls Bible study group was talking about TRUSTING God.

I know honestly admit that I was wrong in not trusting my parents, but now, not only do I trust that they are listening to God - I AM LISTENING TO GOD TOO!

Some verses that have meant a lot to me are Daniel 3:13-30, Psalms 143:8, 37:4 and 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1 comment:

  1. Hello Camille!:-)

    I know! Time goes by so fast. I'll be so sad when we leave here too.:-(

    Yes, God is Sovereign. He's got a special plan for you girl! I know He's already used you to bless many people in Taiwan.:-)

    Hope to talk to ya soon!
    ~Melissa Feeny

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy what you read? Want more? Leave a comment! :)