Friday, February 25, 2011

[letters]

i prayed today that i would get a letter in the mail.
cuz letters kind of tend to make my day and i was just in need of having it "made"
got to the PO and .... there was nothing.
so sad.
soon forgot about it in the bustle, bustle that was happening.
we had "new girl" come in today.

[great story inserted here - i was super, super worried about getting a new girl on the team. i know what it's like to be the "new girl", Jo and i already click wonderfully, etc, etc.... and i was scared that she wouldn't fit into our groove... prayed and prayed about it. and God was amazing... and brought about an old acquaintance of mine (Sarah Fae Larson) to come help us in Taiwan! How cool my God is!?!?!!]

Anywho, the kids all left around 1:30pm and Sarah was gunna come in around 2pm
...which gave me *just* enough time to "clean up" the room (take my stuff out of the extra desk/closet, organize the garbage, sweep, and throw the sheets in the washer).
She got here safely. and with a huge smile on her face!
i'm super excited to be able to work with her over these next few months.... she seems like an amazing person and it's gunna be quite nice to be able to actually get to KNOW her :D
Aaaanywho.... i left for a skype date for a bit, and came back to a letter on my desk (which Sarah brought to me from the States)....
...it was from my family at Kost Church.
and it made my heart cry, cuz God once again reminded me that He is faithful... and fulfills the desires of our hearts <3
how lucky i am to have such an amazing God who loves someone like me....

--------------------
anywho, this week was fabulous!

at first i came into the week of "man, after the energy of those kids last week, this week is going to be E-A-S-Y!
lol, boy was i wrong...
God basically taught me patience this week... lots and lots of patience....
very energetic kids. naughty kids. but kids w/ love untouched.... and this week was not only what *they* needed.... but also what we needed. what *I* needed <3
the girls were super precious.... all of them were so different though; we had the girlie-girls, the tom-boy girls (like... she looked like a "he"), and super energetic girls.... lol. And the boys... well, they were all awesome on the boy-level of awesomeness! ;)One of my favorites was a boy named Robin. Man, that kid's English was fabulous! He'd hang out w/ me throughout the week and translate EVERYTHING for us in class! Oh, and on the last day (friday afternoon/today), we had just gotten done eating lunch and were supposed to meet up on the 5th floor to get their bags and then walk them to the bus.... well Robin grabbed my hand and we walked hand-in-hand to the 5th floor. it.was.PRECIOUS!!!!
Sooo.... yeah. that's been a bunch of rambling in various topics (of sorts).
gunna hit up be pretty soon ~ it's been a looooong day and i'm a bit exhausted after 4hrs of sleep last night :P

Lots of Love Y'alls <3 <3

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how much I love this post Camille! ...I know what you mean about God's faithfulness making your heart cry... and my students like Robin melted me... I miss them so!!!
    Thank you, dear!

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy what you read? Want more? Leave a comment! :)