Monday, February 21, 2011

thoughts over a glass of tea.

[and yes, it's a glass of chamomile tea]

being how it's Feb. and all that [LOVE] jazz... i figured i'd write a quick post about how much i love, love, LOVE my life... and what God is doing in my life ~ ~

~ i love snow. it makes me sad that so many of my friends are having (had?) a "Snow Day" (on Presidents Day) and i'm missing out on it...

~ i love working in aboriginal villages... honestly, this last week was *amazing*
     - hyper, energetic, enthusiastic, "orange" kids
     - so much heart. they give sooo much even though they don't have much to give
     - the scenery in the mountains was breathtaking!
     - the tears at the end of the week wrenched my heart out... big ol' alligator tears, hugs, and inability to move because there were too many kids holding me down...
     - basically a beautiful week :) :)

~ i Love being fully and deeply in love with my Jesus.  Jesus is (and always will be) my first love! there are days when i read a passage of scripture and just... recall how precious time w/ Jesus is. and that, even after we mess up our lives, fall, trip, and fall some more... He's still willing to come pick us up and dust us off again. it's too amazing for my mind to comprehend!

~ i love getting valentines day packages in the mail... that contain bags of rice and candy canes (guess that's what i get for not eating chocolate) :P Also getting a card signed by all the ppls that i love and miss sooo much (you know who you are) :) :)

~ i love staying up "late" enough to watch the sunrise

~ i love waking up and having a cup of coffee on my desk

~ i love hearing children say how excited they are that the next class is "英語課!!"

~ i love my co-workers - honestly, i couldn't have picked out a more perfect group of ppls to work with! Joyce is so amazing at being the "head teacher" (and she's so much fun!). Blanche is so bubbly and her love for the lord and the kids is so encouraging to me! Yellow has the best smile and she's picked up way more English that i have Chinese (so far). Jenny is doing a great job filling in Iris' shoes (though, Iris is still extremely missed) <3 and Jo... i am SO BLESSED to have such an amazing co-English teacher/leader/friend! She is such an amazing person and I'm so grateful for her on so many levels!!

~ i love skype! what a cool invention - i can talk and see someone as if they're sitting right in front of me! (although "skype hugs" are... a little awkward. not gunna lie)

~ i love music. i love being able to pick up the flute and play whatever i want to. i enjoy playing the piano (kind of....). and i love picking up new songs from different countries :)

~ i love running. haven't run in a while, but i love it nonetheless

~ i love the fact that i have a God who has had my whole future planned out since before the beginning of time. who has plans for me. who knows what my future holds, even though i don't. and who loves me and takes care of my ever need....

~ i love Taiwan. a lot :)

~ and i love you... whoever you are. and i pray that the Lord Ooper blesses you today!

Happy Tuesday, Y'allz :)

Lots of Love <3 <3


**side note here: this upcoming month (March) i was challenged by one of my friends (Amy Vest) to take the Winter Media Minimization Challenge (you can read more about it at her blog page). During this time/month, I'll be taking time off of all media-related activities (Facebook, Blogging, Movies, etc, etc.). I will have 15min a day to check my email (walkingbyfaith@gmail.com), so if you need to get a hold of me I can be reached there **

1 comment:

  1. The Winter challenge sounds really encouraging! I might do that, but just do 15 min of email/fb a day. I don't want to lose contact with fb friends around the world. :)

    <3 you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy what you read? Want more? Leave a comment! :)