Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Kaohsiung and KenTing...Here I come!!

This last weekend several friends and I left for a "vacation" down to Kaohsiung.



I had a blast - here is what our schedule was like:

DAY #1
5pm - bus leaves Taoyuan to Kaohsiung (5 hrs of absolute nothingness...)

10pm - get to Kaohsiung and, as soon as we stepped off the bus, walked 4+ miles to and around a Night market.

12am - walked around the "Love" river. It was an absolutely perfect way to end the evening!



2am - arrive at the hotel and put our bags down (finally). Then Charity, being in a really pic's-taking mood, decided that we should get some "way-late-for-bed" pictures...

(yes, I realize that I already look like I've been sleeping...)

DAY #2

8am - Wake up, meet up with everyone, get Starbucks and breakfast!

10am - Hook up with 4 other people and take a 2hr ride to Kenting

12pm - arrive at Kenting and feel like I am back in Florida...except most people in Florida know what the word "Grammar" is. =)

12:30pm - find an amazing beach!

12:40 - tee/shorts shopping R us!!

And no, we didn't go to the beach just to go swimming...

1pm - Jet Skiing (and after an hour or so we went swimming...)

4pm - Dinner at an absolutely incredible Mexican Restaurant!
The food was huge (!) and it was the best Mexican food I'd had in a while.



5pm - walk off all the food we just ate. =P

6pm - walk around the night market, get art done on our hands/arms, etc.


8pm - another 2hr bus ride back to Kaohsiung



1am - bed time at last!!

DAY #3

8am - wake up and smell the Starbucks!! =)


9:30am - take a ferry over to the coolest Island in the world.




12:00pm - Hike up a crazy mountain, enjoy scenery, laugh with friends =D








When we got to the top, the view was breathtaking.


I don't know how I am going to tear my heart away from here.
I don't know what I am doing next year.
I don't know why God gives us precious friendships, only to take them away all too soon.
I don't know everything.
I know that God knows, and that is all that matters.

Pictures are courtesy of Charity Sanders, Susanna Seal, and Lauren Little. Thanks Girlie's! =)

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip. The pics are great too! Loved looking at them.:-)

    Maybe one of these days we can talk to you and hear all of your amazing stories of what God has done. Oh, that would be a blast! Keep pressing on, my friend!

    Love & Prayers,
    The Feeny M&M's

    (btw....do you have Skype?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of things to see and places to go in Kaoushung, huh? I guess I'll be living 1/2 hour away from there next year! wanna join us? : )
    love you, Camille!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Junes, You know that I would totally join you in a heartbeat...
    My Love for Taiwan will never die (not to be poetic or anything), and if I ever get the chance to come again I will be here instantly! Who knows, maybe I'll come visit! =)
    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Camille!
    I think that one reason God gives us friendships, (you know, those really, really awesome ones, with a person you can just poor your heart out to, or call in the middle of the night), is to give us a little taste of what He wants our friendship with Christ to be like. Proverbs 18:24 says that He is our "friend who sticks" (to paraphrase).
    It is incredibly hard to have to leave a friend. But God doesn't do it to hurt us, He does it to draw us closer to Him.
    Besides, the parting of ways isn't a time to be sad, it's a time to rejoice and look forward to the next time you'll see each other!
    If not on this earth, at least in heaven. Amen?
    Anyway, I'll be praying for you.
    Continue to trust God and seek to please and glorify Him in all you do!
    Don't forget to let Him shine through you.
    Keep on keeping on!
    In Christ alone,
    ~Timothy Wilson

    p.s. No fair having so much fun! Just wait till you get home this summer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, unfortuatly I will never quite have as much fun as I do in Taiwan...but everything else is very enjoyable. =)
    I didn't mean to make it sound like I am *not* excited to come back - believe me, I cannot wait to see y'all!
    Lots of Love <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Camille! I had so much fun talking and praying with you tonight! Thanks for being a good friend.
    btw, where is your picasa? Can't find it. :-P

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy what you read? Want more? Leave a comment! :)