Friday, September 3, 2010

meeting angels in disguise...

i had a terrible headach today.

thus, i took a walk.

didn't really want to be around ANYONE, cuz i honestly felt like i was going to cry... or my head was going to explode. so i just took off as soon as school let out.

took my headphones and just walked. however, i didn't get far. my head hurt soo stinkin bad. i couldn't think. couldn't really cry.

oddly enough, i walked past a 7-11 (kidding. that's a joke cuz there are litterally more 7-11's here than there are ppls! lol).

so... i walked in to get something to drink.

i saw a little girl sitting alone on a stool, eating ice cream and though nothing of it. i had such a headach that I really didn't feel like talking, or attempting to talk, to anyone.

however, God apparently had other plans.

i had taken out my headphones before entering the store, and i got in there and all of a sudden, my head no longer hurt.

as i was looking at the drinks, i heard a voice next to me. i was surprised to see the little girl standing next to me - most of the children don't approach you unless they know you.

well, she stood next to me and started telling me about her favorite drinks.

oddly enough, i understood everything she was saying.

totally a God-thing, cuz my chinese-skills are not quite there. but i literally understood everything. she told me about the cofffee and how one coffee was better than the others because it had milk in it, thus it was sweeter. and she told me that i had to get an ice cream cone, like she had, because it was the stores best kind.

we talked for a while, i bought my stuff (including an ice cream cone), and we sat down and talked for about 15min!

it was GLORIOUS!

I told her that i was an english teacher at the school nextdoor, and she flipped out, telling me that she went to that school! she was so excited!

needless to say, i just had a prayer come true.

i asked God to show himself to me.

to PROVE to me that this is where i was supposed to be (about time, eh?).

and He did.

i have a feeling that this year is going to be difficult if i try to take in on by myself...

but w/ God's grace, i believe that this is going to be an amazing year of growing...

shoot. i really do hate growing. well, er... i should say, ME hates growing. but in the end, it's for the better... right? :)

1 comment:

  1. Aaahhh, this made me so happy! Praise God for His timing... and His plans.
    And it's a good thing you went around talking Chinese for the past year. :)
    爱你,美丽的姑娘
    ~SoupCup

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy what you read? Want more? Leave a comment! :)