Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Week #2...

When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I was resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
1 Corinthians 2:1-2

The second week is almost up and I believe that I have learned more than the kids! The Lord is really teaching me so much through having my own group/team. Last week I was working with Ruthie, but now I am on my own and this group seems to be more difficult too!

This is Peter (above). He is really in need of Prayer. He has had some issues these last few days and the kids have been teasing him about it. However, now, when another kid is having issues, he will "bully" them up and be really mean. :( It has been really hard, but I've been trying to explain to him that God tells us that even when people have been mean to us, that does not give us permission to do that to others. Instead we should "turn the other cheek." He is having a difficult time understanding this concept. Please pray that walls would be broken and that I would some how be able to reach out to him.

The kids do have a genuine love for learning and their love for it is defenetly an encouragement to me!

The Activities...




This week was "Culture Exchange" week with the students. Some of them are going off to America to teach their "talents" in various places - so cool! The kids who are teaching are phenominal at what they do. I attended the "music" class (go figure...) and I love all that I learned!




They taught us how to play their instuments - it was so neat! I think that it really helped us to bond with our students as well because now they got to be our "teachers."




What a neat "flute!" It sounds really cool too!



Their "Yo Yo's" are so cool! They are difficult at first, but when you catch on, they are a lot of
fun!!



The fans here are so beautiful!


This brings back memories from being in North Heights Dance Ministry...

And "Yes!!" I still really, really enjoy it!!



Please pray for Bibi (my new TA) and I as we continue to teach and reach out to the Children. Also, that I would be a light for Bibi because she is not a Christian.

1 comment:

  1. Camille, it looks like the Lord is already moving mightily in Taiwan. We will keep praying for you!
    I love and miss you! -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy what you read? Want more? Leave a comment! :)